Organic Raw Cocoa Nibs 100%
Our organic raw cocoa nibs 100% are bold and deep in flavor, similarly to dark chocolate. No sugar or additives for the purest form of cocoa possible. Use them in baked goods, ground up in a paste or to snack on for the more hard-core chocolate lovers!
What is the difference between Cocoa Paste, Cocoa Nibs, and Cocoa Butter?
- Cocoa paste is simply roasted cocoa beans ground up in a paste. Also called cocoa liquor or cocoa mass it is the basic ingredient to make chocolate. Cocoa paste contains about 40-50% cocoa butter.
- Cocao nibs are small pieces of roasted cocoa beans. Their contents is the same as paste it is just in a different format
- Cocoa butter is just the fat separated from the paste.
What does 38%, 55%, 70% and 100% mean?
- It refers to the cocoa content in the chocolate. For example 70% cocoa is 70% of its mass in ground up cocoa beans. Be careful with products listing ''70% cocoa content'' as these inferior products have much lower cocoa bean percentage. Their ''cocoa content'' is often jacked with cocoa powder. A premium chocolate typically has very little or no cocoa powder. Its cocoa is purely in the form of cocoa beans. This is why some cheap chocolate products and chips feel dry and crumbly, there is too much added cocoa powder.
- 100% cocoa as the name implies is pure ground up cocoa beans without any added sugar or fillers. This is made purely for making chocolate and recipes as it is extremely bitter.
- A higher ''%'' does not mean a higher quality, it is just the taste. Our 38% Belgian chocolate drops are very low in cocoa but taste like heaven.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour