Organic Rolled Oat Flakes
Our organic rolled oats are a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. You can make oat flour by grinding oats in a food processor or blender for all your gluten-free baking needs.
Rolled oats are among the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat, making oatmeal a perfect breakfast to start your day.
What is the difference between your Rolled Oats Flakes, Rolled Oats Flakes (Gluten-Free), Oat Bran, Oat Groats, & Steel Cut Oats?
- To start all Oats are gluten-free. The difference between all the forms of oats that we sell and the Rolled Oats (Gluten Free) is simple the extra level of precautions from cross-contamination. Unless you are extremely intolerant to gluten you will never notice the difference. That is because although oats themselves don’t contain gluten, they’re often grown alongside other crops. The same equipment is typically used to harvest crops in neighboring fields, which leads a possibility of cross-contamination if one of those crops contains gluten. They are both classified as "gluten-free".
- The difference between steel cut oats and rolled oats lies in the manufacturing process. Steel cut oats are created when a full oat groat is sliced into pieces with steel. In contrast, rolled oats are flattened using large disks. This causes the oat to become flaky and soft, allowing them to absorb more liquid.
- Oat groats are simply a whole oat grain just like steel cut oats and rolled oats. It is just not cut or rolled and is whole.
- Oat bran is a piece of an oat groat, and oat bran is the outer layer of this oat groat, which is right underneath the inedible grain shell. It is very fibrous and ideal to add fiber to your diet.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic rolled oats encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.