Organic Sacha Inchi Powder
Our organic sacha inchi powder is rich in protein, fiber, and heart healthy fats. They also contain several essential micronutrients and antioxidants.
Sacha inchi powder is rich in plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and protein, it is a common addition to vegetarian and vegan diets.
What are Sacha Inchi Nuts?
- Plukenetia volubilis, or sacha inchi, is a perennial plant native to certain parts of South America and the Caribbean. It produces a fruit that’s cultivated for its large, edible seeds.
- Because it was traditionally consumed by indigenous groups in Peru, it’s sometimes referred to as mountain peanut or Inca nut.
- Although the fruit itself is not commonly consumed, the seeds are roasted and eaten. They’re also ground into a fine powder and added to food products. Plus, the oil is extracted from the seeds and used in cooking or skin care products.
- Sacha inchi fruit pods are star shaped and are bright green.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.