Organic Sage Powder
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Our organic sage powder is renowned for its effects on strengthening memory. It is also an excellent stimulant and antioxidant drink. Its fine and full flavour brings harmony to the body and mind.
What is sage?
- Sage "Salvia officinalis" is an herb that is prized for its strong herbal aroma and earthy flavor. It is used in savory recipes and is a common ingredient in holiday stuffing.
- Sage is an evergreen shrub part of the mint family. It has oval, dusty gray-green leaves with woody stems. Because of the fine, velveteen hair-like projections on sage leaves, they have a slightly fuzzy or fluffy appearance and cottony texture, which can make it unpleasant to eat raw.
- Sage has a unique flavor that brings warmth and complexity to dishes. It works well when combined with other herbs and complements a variety of foods, from meat and seafood to lemon and butter. Both the leaves, fresh and dried, as well as rubbed and powdered versions are used in recipes.
- Sage has a very long history and has been used since ancient times for several purposes, from warding off evil to boosting female fertility. It originated in the Mediterranean and was noted as being one of the most important herbs of that time period. Sage was utilized by the Romans to assist in digestion and was also used to treat ulcers, wounds, and sore throats.
In order to keep our organic herbs, spices & seasoning blends as fresh as possible we keep our standing inventory very low. There may be up to a 4 week lead time for this product to get you the freshest products possible.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.