Organic Garlic Salt
Country of Origin:
Our organic garlic salt, is dehydrated garlic that has been pulverized and turned into a powder. It is then mixed one part garlic powder to three parts sea salt.
Garlic salt is a great timesaver in the kitchen because it is two seasoning ingredients in one bottle. Here are some ways you can incorporate garlic salt in your cooking:
- Season ground beef for hamburgers, tacos, and chili with garlic salt to keep from having to grab two ingredients from your pantry.
- Give your french fries a unique twist by using garlic salt instead of plain salt.
- Add delicious flavor to roasted asparagus by sprinkling garlic salt on them before roasting.
Garlic is a bulb vegetable that is the headliner of the "allium" genus, so much so that "allium" is literally the word for garlic in Latin. This groups of flowering plants includes a massive amount of species, including scallions, onions, shallots, leeks, chives, and other marvelously stinky greens. Believed to be native to Central Asia, South Asia, or Southwester Siberia, its use has become global even to European culinary traditions such as Italian, Spanish, and French.
As much as it’s used to enhance the nutrients and flavors of dishes, it’s also used medicinally and spiritually in various cultures, including in China, the world’s top garlic producer. This country’s climate is ideally suited for growing garlic, which is why it provides 80% of the world’s total each year, a whopping 20 million tons!
Of the 20 tons of garlic produced by China each year, the majority come from Shandong, Henan, Hebei, Yunna, and Jiangsu. Five provinces whose mild winters and warm climates soft-neck garlic find appealing. Although over 300 types of garlic are cultivated around the world, this is the category most of the garlic we consume falls under.
What is the difference between garlic powder, garlic granules, minced garlic and garlic salt?
- Garlic powder has finest texture and smallest granules of the three. It has a flour type of texture and disolves very well.
- Garlic granules is made the same was as garlic powder but is ground much coarser. Consistency similar to sugar or salt.
- Minced garlic is made as you would mince fresh garlic but it has then been dehydrated. Most commonly used in recipes involving meat or vegetables where you want the texture of small garlic peices.
- Garlic salt is a mixture of garlic powder and sea salt. The ratio of garlic powder to salt is one part garlic powder to three parts salt.
In order to keep our organic herbs, spices & seasoning blends as fresh as possible we keep our standing inventory very low. There may be up to a 4 week lead time for this product to get you the freshest products possible.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.