Sant' Eustachio Premium Wood Roasted Italian Coffee Beans
Our Sant' Eustachio premium wood roasted Italian coffee beans are like no other. Since 1938, Sant' Eustachio Il Caffè has been carrying on the tradition, always having one priority: quality. Thanks to the use of Sant'Eustachio blend, made with the best Arabica beans, and the special preparation of its Gran Caffè, Sant'Eustachio coffee shop is a daily appointment for the gourmets of this delightful black drink.
While sipping a cup at their location at Piazza Sant'Eustachio in Rome is an experience like no other, this is as good as it gets in Canada.
Notice: Our Sant'Eustachio Il Caffè is sold as organic as it is made with organic coffee beans. However it holds no official organic certification.
What is Sant'Eustachio?
- Sant 'Eustachio Il Caffè is an old wood-burning roasting company founded in 1938, from a place that already existed in 1800 with the name of "Caffè e Latte" in Piazza Sant'Eustachio, a stone's throw from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon.
- For the time, the room, built in masonry and with ergonomic shapes, was very innovative: the absence of wooden furniture and the use of white made it extremely modern. The beautiful building in which it is located is Palazzo Cenci Maccarani, designed in 1500 by the famous architect Giulio Romano, known for Palazzo Tè in Mantua.
- Since 1999 the restaurant is owned by the Ricci brothers, who keep the tradition intact with the first goal of always serving a quality product, using organic and fair trade coffee, coming from slow food principals, for a fine blend of 100% Arabica coffee. imported directly from South America.
Where does the logo come from?
- According to legend, General Placido lived in Rome during the empire of Trajan. One day, while he was hunting in the woods, he saw a deer and a luminous cross appeared between its horns.
- The event understandably shocked the young man, who decided to convert to Christianity and change his name to Eustachio (from the Greek ευ "good" and σταχιυς "ear": that gives a good harvest).
- Later the emperor sentenced the young man and his family to death: the sentence involved the killing in the Colosseum by the lions who, according to legend, stopped in front of them and saved them. Inspired by the myth, the poet Gabriele D'Annunzio wrote of his desire for conversion: "I too, like the deer, carry the arrow stuck in my side".
- Sant'Eustachio is venerated in a particular way in the city of Matera of which he is the patron saint. The Nameday is celebrated on September 20th.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Coffee is a very personal taste, so I was sceptical to give it a try. It did not disappoint. I’ve officially switched and would recommend anyone to give it a try.
Great coffee, great service
Very easy to order, prompt delivery, and the world’s best coffee from Rome!
CAFÉ ITALIEN SANT' EUSTACHIO BIOLOGIQUE (6 sacs)
Fantastique de pouvoir trouver le Sant’ Eustachio au Québec. Grâce à Online Organics, nous pouvons goûter à ce café excellent. C’est comme si nous étions à Rome! Merci aussi à Online Organics pour l’excellent service, rapide et courtois.