Our organic soybeans are high in protein and a decent source of both carbs and fat. They are a rich source of various vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds, such as isoflavones. For this reason, regular soybean intake may alleviate the symptoms of menopause and reduce your risk of prostate and breast cancer.
They are an important component of Asian diets and have been consumed for thousands of years. Today, they are mainly grown in Asia and South and North America. Soy beans contain antioxidants and phytonutrients that are linked to various health benefits.
Are your organic soybeans truly raw?
- We get asked a lot if are soybeans are truly raw. Soybeans are surprisingly very toxic and cannot be consumed raw. Lectins and saponins in raw soybeans can cause acute nausea, gas, abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting. In large amounts, ingestion could lead to weight loss, organ failure or death. Lectins in raw soybeans can also cause agglutination, or clumping, in red blood cells, which can lead to hemolytic anemia and jaundice.
- All our soybeans are cleaned, then dried, cleaned again, conditioned (heated), and dehulled. This heating makes them edible and removes the bitter taste of raw soybeans. This does not make them roasted, only slight heat is applied to make them edible.
- All soybeans on the market are processed like this. True raw soybeans are used in large scale commercial transformation for specific uses. If you do require them, please contact us and we will quote you for the metric tons required for your application.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic soybeans encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Very good quality product
Very good quality product
Packaged really good. Very happy with the shipping how fast it came… will definitely order again….
Very good quality product and service
My order arrived quickly and well packaged. The beans are very good quality with minimal discard after sifting. I have use this to make delicious soy milk and will certainly reorder when necessary. Thank you!
Great quality organic soybeans
The soy milk is creamy, smooth, tastes much richer yet no bitterness compare to the regular beans. Perfect for my daily matcha latte and even Café au lait!
I was happy with the product I purchased. It was more affordable and in the quantities I wanted for my family.