Organic Spice Mix "Cajun Blackening Rub"
Country of Origin:
Our organic "Cajun Blackening Rub" spice mix is a feisty cajun rub. Try it on everything! It’s great for grilled, roasted or smoked meats and you can even use it on vegetables and potatoes. Chicken, fish, steak or sprinkle it on burgers of any variety from turkey to beef.
This Cajun spice rub is a go to seasoning blend for meats, especially when it comes to grilling.
What is a rub?
- A rub is a mix of various spices, seasonings and flavoring ingredients applied directly to the outside of raw meat, poultry or seafood before cooking. The rub forms a coating on food and is used to provide flavor and develop texture. A great rub can easily transform a plain piece of meat from boring and bland to outstanding and flavorful!
- Rubs can be dry or wet. A dry rub is made of a blend of spices and seasonings, without any wet ingredients; whereas a wet rub includes some type of liquid flavoring ingredients.
Why dry rubs are best?
- While there is nothing wrong with wet rubs, dry rubs have a couple advantages:
- Perfect sear: Dry rubs don’t add any additional moisture to the outside of meat. Moisture on the surface of meat needs to evaporate before any sear can develop. Therefore, dry rubs are a faster way to develop a beautifully caramelized crust on a piece of meat.
- Complex flavor: You can still incorporate a liquid element, such as a glaze or BBQ sauce, during the last few minutes of cooking! By layering a dry rub with a wet sauce or glaze you can achieve a more complex flavor – meaning, meat with a well-seasoned, caramelized exterior and a concentrated, saucy finish.
In order to keep our organic herbs, spices & seasoning blends as fresh as possible we keep our standing inventory very low. There may be up to a 4 week lead time for this product to get you the freshest products possible.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.