Organic Spirulina Powder
Specifications (Tap to open):
Country of Origin:
Our organic spirulina powder has a high protein content (up to 70%), it also contains vitamins, especially B12 and provitamin A (β-carotenes), and minerals, especially iron. It is also rich in phenolic acids, tocopherols and γ-linolenic acid. Spirulina lacks cellulose cell walls and therefore it can be easily digested.
The cyanobacteria, through the process of photosynthesis, converts sunlight into nearly all essential nutrients. It usually grows in warm, open lakes with high alkalinity. The concentration of protein and vitamins in Spirulina has led many to classify it as the "most nutrient dense food on the planet". Compared to other foods gram for gram, it lives up to this reputation.
What is spirulina?
- Spirulina is a microscopic and filamentous cyanobacterium that derives its name from the spiral or helical nature of its filaments. It has a long history of use as food and it has been reported that it has been used during the Aztec civilization.
- Spirulina refers to the dried biomass of Arthrospira platensis, an oxygenic photosynthetic bacterium found worldwide in fresh and marine waters. This alga represents an important staple diet in humans and has been used as a source of protein and vitamin supplement in humans without any significant side-effects.
- It became internationally famous after it was successfully used by NASA as a dietary supplement for astronauts on space missions.
Simple Spirulina Juice Receipe:
- Fill a tall glass with your favorite fresh fruit juice.
- Add 1 tea spoon of organic spirulina powder.
- For added nutrition you can add 1-2 tea spoons of your favorite protein powder like our organic fermented pea 80% protein powder.
- Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
General Storage Tips: