Organic Split Yellow Lentils
Country of Origin:
Our organic split yellow lentils cook quickly without the need for soaking. Commonly used for Indian dal, which means "to split" in Sanskrit, an ancient Indo-Aryan language.
Humans have used lentils as food for thousands of years making them quite possibly one of the world’s oldest foods. Lentils are used in virtually every country in the world from dips to pilafs; meat replacements in veggie burgers, Lentils are cooked around the world and are great meat substitutes. In Arabic, countries there are mujadarra dishes with rice and lentils, Koshari in Egypt, Kik wot in Ethiopia, dal puri for breakfast in India and hundreds of other tasty dishes.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.