Organic Split Yellow Peas
Country of Origin:
Our organic split yellow peas cook quickly without the need for soaking. Split yellow peas tend to fall apart when thoroughly cooked, lending a thickening quality to stews, soups and curries.
A half-cup serving of cooked split peas provides 110 calories, 10 grams of protein (20% of the daily value), less than one gram of fat and 12 grams of dietary fiber. That's almost half the daily value of 28 grams of fiber, which most people don't get daily!
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic split yellow peas encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.