Organic Stevia Leaf Powder (Natural Sweetner)
Our organic stevia leaf powder is the most natural stevia you can get. Made by simply grinding dried stevia leaves into a powder it can be added to all your recipes to cut down on calories while being more natural than white refined stevia found in grocery stores.
Use 1/4 of a teaspoon of stevia leaf powder for every 1 tablespoon of sugar.
What is Stevia Leaf Powder?
- Stevia leaf powder comes from leaves of the plant species "Stevia rebaudiana", native to Brazil and Paraguay.
- The active compounds are steviol glycosides (mainly stevioside and rebaudioside), which have 30 to 150 times the sweetness of sugar, are heat-stable, pH-stable, and not fermentable. The human body does not metabolize the glycosides in stevia, so it contains zero calories.
- Stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration than that of sugar, and at high concentrations some of its extracts may have an aftertaste described as licorice-like or bitter.
Stevia vs Stevia Leaf Powder?
- Stevia and stevia leaf powder might sound alike but are not at all the same.
- Stevia, the white powder sold as an alternative sweetener is made from refined stevia leaf powder. It is stripped of most of its nutrients and kept only for its sweetening effect.
- Stevia leaf powder is simply dried pure stevia leaves ground up into a powder. It tastes sweet like refined stevia but less intense and has a lot more nutrients.
- As an example 100g of organic stevia leaf powder can sweeten around 6kg of protein powder. In contrast a 100g of refined stevia sweeten around 40-60kg of protein powder.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Très bon stevia
Pour la qualité, le service et la vitesse de livraison je suis extrêmement satisfaite. Même pour les frais de livraison c'était resonable.