Organic Stevia Leaf Powder (Natural Sweetner)
Specifications (Tap to open):
Country of Origin:
Our organic stevia leaf powder is the most natural stevia you can get. Made by simply grinding dried stevia leaves into a powder it can be added to all your recipes to cut down on calories while being more natural than white refined stevia found in grocery stores.
Use 1/4 of a teaspoon of stevia leaf powder for every 1 tablespoon of sugar.
What is Stevia Leaf Powder?
- Stevia leaf powder comes from leaves of the plant species "Stevia rebaudiana", native to Brazil and Paraguay.
- The active compounds are steviol glycosides (mainly stevioside and rebaudioside), which have 30 to 150 times the sweetness of sugar, are heat-stable, pH-stable, and not fermentable. The human body does not metabolize the glycosides in stevia, so it contains zero calories.
- Stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration than that of sugar, and at high concentrations some of its extracts may have an aftertaste described as licorice-like or bitter.
Stevia vs Stevia Leaf Powder?
- Stevia and stevia leaf powder might sound alike but are not at all the same.
- Stevia, the white powder sold as an alternative sweetener is made from refined stevia leaf powder. It is stripped of most of its nutrients and kept only for its sweetening effect.
- Stevia leaf powder is simply dried pure stevia leaves ground up into a powder. It tastes sweet like refined stevia but less intense and has a lot more nutrients.
- As an example 100g of organic stevia leaf powder can sweeten around 6kg of protein powder. In contrast a 100g of refined stevia sweeten around 40-60kg of protein powder.
General Storage Tips: