Organic Sunflower Oil (RBD)
Our organic Sunflower Oil (RBD) is high in vitamin E, an important antioxidant and key player for optimal immune function. One tablespoon of sunflower oil delivers 37% of the recommended daily intake for vitamin E.
Some research suggests that a diet rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid may help reduce high cholesterol levels and thus your risk of heart disease.
Sunflower oil can be used to stir-fry or sauté. It has a high smoke point (about 450°F), which makes it a good neutral oil for frying and other high-heat cooking methods.
What does "RBD" mean?
- RBD is an acronym, which stands for Refined, Bleached and Deodorized.
- As the organic standard prescribes there is no use of chemical bleach or any other artificial chemical for that matter used during the process.
- "RBD" sunflower oil is dry steamed to deodorize while being carefully monitored to stay under 180 degrees Celsius. This neutralizes the majority of the strong taste and smell making ideal for cooking and frying.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.