Organic Tomato Powder
Our organic tomato powder is simply dried tomatoes that have been ground into a powder for long term storage and use. As with other dehydrated fruits and vegetables, the sugars concentrate and the flavor tends to intensify so you don’t need to add very much to get a lot of punch in return.
This organic tomato powder has only one ingredient "Solanum lycopersicum" tomatoes, no added preservatives or salt.
What can you use our Organic Tomato Powder for?
- Add a tablespoon to savory winter stews or pasta sauces.
- Shake it up with an oil and vinegar salad dressing.
- Use it as a secret ingredient in dry rubs or BBQ rubs. Mix tomato powder, salt and your other favorite dry rub ingredients, apply to chicken or beef and grill or roast.
- Use it as a rub for roasted vegetables. Shake on, toss with oil and roast in a 350 degree oven.
- Add more robust flavor to your salsa by adding some powder to chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Mix it with parmesan or powdered cheese and sprinkle over popcorn.
- Mix tomato powder and herbs into some cream cheese to use as a spread for crackers.
- Sprinkle on top of hummus!
In order to keep our organic herbs, spices & seasoning blends as fresh as possible we keep our standing inventory very low. There may be up to a 4 week lead time for this product to get you the freshest products possible.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.