Organic Tumeric Powder
Our organic tumeric powder is a vivid yellow-orange spice that is common in Indian, Southeast Asian, and Middle Eastern cooking. Directly imported from India, our tumeric powder will certainly add spice to all your Middle Eastern meals.
What is Tumeric?
- Tumeric is sometimes called Indian saffron or the golden spice. The plant is a perennial, rhizomatous, herbaceous plant native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia.
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric, and it has powerful biological properties. Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian system of treatment, recommends turmeric for a variety of health conditions.
- The bright yellow/orange color of processed turmeric has inspired many cultures to use it as a dye.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.