Organic White Bai Mu Dan Tea (Caffeine-Free)
Our organic white Bai Mu Dan tea is caffeine free, certified Fairtrade and pairs well as a digestive after most foods. This is a premium tea that doesn't compare to mass produced commercial teas. It is considered the second highest grade of white tea after Silver Needle which starts at around $400/kg. For all but the most discerning tea enthusiasts Bai Mu Dan is the supreme white tea.
What is Bai Mu Dan Tea?
- Bai Mu Dan, Bai Mudan or White Peony tea is a Chinese white tea. White Peony contains plucks of one leaf shoot and two young leaves each. It comes from the top two leaves and bud of each tea bush, which can be shade dried and/or lightly fired. This gives White Peony a pale cup color and delicate, nutty aroma. The complex flavor is toasty, slightly sweet and creamy, with a clean aftertaste.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.