Organic White Kidney Beans
Our organic white kidney beans are also referred to as Cannellini beans or fazolia beans. They have a firm, ivory colored skin, creamy texture and mild flavor. This type of kidney bean is a good recipe add-in for dishes that have a relatively short cooking time. The texture of these beans enables them to absorb flavors well. This makes them a good choice of bean to include in chili or soup recipes. They can also used in salads and as a healthy side dish.
White kidney beans contain high amounts of fiber and may help reduce the rise in blood sugar that happens after a meal. They are also a great replacement for meat as a source of vegan protein.
Kidney beans are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as molybdenum, folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, and vitamin K1. They have remarkably low carbon and water footprint, making them an environmentally-friendly choice.
Did you know that kidney beans got their name for their visual resemblance in shape and color to a kidney?
What is the difference between Dark Red and White Kidney Beans?
- Dark red kidney beans have a slightly nutty, somewhat more prominent flavor than the white kidney bean.
- Dark red kidney beans are better suited for slowly cooked receipes (chillis, vegtable stews, etc) as they take much more time to cook than white kidney beans.
- Nutrition wise they are nearly identical and there is no overall better one.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
Organic White Unbleached Sifted Wheat ''All-Purpose'' Flour