Organic White Quinoa Flour
Our organic white quinoa flour is a tiny pseudocereal grown in the Andes. The seed is gluten-free and is considered a healthy food of the future. The United Nations listed quinoa as an Andean "superfood" and as a good alternative crop for food security and for helping in the fight against hunger.
An ancient grain, quinoa was first cultivated in the Andes about 7000 years ago and has been a staple diet since the pre-Columbian era. During the Spanish conquest, quinoa was neglected because it was considered an "Indian Food".
The last half of the 20th century saw a revival of quinoa cultivation. Today, its cultivation spreads the Andes region to Canada and the Northwest United States.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.