Organic Whole Black Sesame Seeds
Our organic black sesame seeds, also called "kala til" are an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber.
Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes. "Open sesame" the famous phrase from the "Arabian Nights" reflects the distinguishing feature of the sesame seed pod, which bursts open when it reaches maturity.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.