Organic Whole Brown Sesame Seeds
Our organic brown sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber.
Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes. "Open sesame" the famous phrase from the "Arabian Nights" reflects the distinguishing feature of the sesame seed pod, which bursts open when it reaches maturity.
What is the difference between white hulled sesame seeds and brown sesame seeds?
- It is actually very simple. The white ones have the hulled removed and the brown ones are whole.
- Removing the hull makes for a less nutty taste and creamier texture but also removes a lot of the nutrients.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.