Organic Whole Dried Apricots
Country of Origin:
Our organic whole dried apricots are rich in important nutrients, including fiber, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Some research shows that they may be of help during pregnancy because of their high iron content. If consumed in moderation, dried apricots, may also help supplement your weight loss efforts because of their high fiber content.
Apricots, also called "prunus armeniaca", belongs to the Rosacea Family. It is described as a small, orange and yellow-colored fruit that has a tangy flavor. Unfortunately, fresh ones are often fragile. They tend to bruise easily and would not be able to survive the journey once it is harvested. This is why most apricots are dried.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.