Organic Whole Khorasan Flour
Our organic whole khorasan flour is made by ''La Milanaise'' in Quebec from organic khorasan wheat. Its gluten, which is different from wheat's gluten, makes it great for baking.
What makes organic khorasan flour so special? Its light orange color and its butter and hazelnut taste, almost sweet, but without bitterness. Khorasan wheat contains 20-40% more protein than conventional wheat. It also contains fiber, iron, zinc, vitamins B2, B3 and E, phosphorus and magnesium.
In recipe, this flour will absorb more liquid then an whole wheat flour, since the gluten is different, it is better to mix less the dough because the dough will have a tendency to collapse and become really sticky at the end of the mixing.
Whole khorasan flour is made from whole grain khorasan wheat and thus retains the nutrients found in whole grains. Whole grains have the 3 parts of the grain; The bran, endosperm and germ.
Whole grain flour health benefits come mainly from its high-fiber content. High-fiber grains help you with digestion, gut health, and weight management. The FDA even affirms that high-fiber, low-fat diets help reduce the risk of cancer and prevent coronary heart disease.
This organic flour can be used to make: baguettes, breads, cakes, cookies, muffins, pancakes, pasta, pie crusts and waffles.
Did you know?
- Khorasan wheat is often called Kamut. Kamut is simply the most commercially popular brand of Khorasan wheat across the world. The brand became so popular that most people know Khorasan wheat as just Kamut.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic whole khorasan flour encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.