Organic Whole Wheat ''La Totale'' (Graham) Flour
Our organic whole wheat ''La Totale'' (Graham) flour is made by ''La Milanaise'' in Quebec from organic whole hard red wheat. It is a whole wheat flour that is enriched with wheat bran. It is ideal for artisan bakery products.
Whole wheat graham flour is made from whole grain hard red wheat and thus retains the nutrients found in whole grains. Whole grains have the 3 parts of the grain; The bran, endosperm and germ.
Whole grain flour health benefits come mainly from its high-fiber content. High-fiber grains help you with digestion, gut health, and weight management. The FDA even affirms that high-fiber, low-fat diets help reduce the risk of cancer and prevent coronary heart disease.
This organic flour can be used to make: baguettes and breads.
How did ''Graham'' flour get its name?
- It was named after Sylvester Graham who invented it in the 1880's as a healthier alternative to widespread white bleached flours.
- It is the flour used to make graham crackers.
Locally grown in Canada, buying our organic whole graham flour encourages local farmers and reduces pollution from long-distance transportation.
- Nothing beats vacuum sealing for freshness.
- Store below 15°C and < 65% humidity.
- Store in the dark as light degrades flavors.
- Mason jars make great storage containers.
- Can be frozen to prolong shelf life.
We Also Recommend
very good quality, très bonne qualité
La farine est à un très bon rapport qualité-prix pour un produit biologique de qualité. En plus, la Graham a un très bon goût sans être trop prononcée. Je m'en sert pour faire des muffins, crêpes, gaufres, biscuits, pain, etc. Elle est très nourrissante. Livraison rapide et service professionnel.